Stay up to date on all things happening in eDiscovery with our calendar of events. Check out upcoming webinars and conferences from our Partners and other industry leaders.
Feel like we are missing an important event? Please contact us here to submit suggestions.
- This event has passed.
Ireland’s Legal Tech Conference 2022
November 29, 2022
Date: November 29, 2022
Register: Click Here to Register
Join the ACEDS Ireland Chapter at this year’s La Touche Training’s Legal Tech Conference on November 29th.
Legal Tech Ireland gathers law firms, government departments, corporates, general counsel, in-house lawyers, regulatory agencies, eDiscovery providers, advisors and much more for an enlightening conference focusing on best practices and the latest trends and developments.
The conference will be chaired by Karyn Harty, Partner, Head of Litigation at Dentons
Key Note Address by Justice Leonie Reynolds:
How embracing technology can make discovery and investigations more cost effective – an update from the Civil Justice Review Group
Cyber Incidents & Managing Risk in Investigations
- Pat Ryan MSc – Detective Superintendent – Garda National Cyber Crime Bureau
- Jon Blake MBCS – Cyber & Internet Investigator
- Current Cybercrime Landscape
- How the GNCCB investigate Cybercrime
- The rise of Ransomware attacks
- Reporting – Why Report & Obligations
- Risks to be considered when responding to and investigating Cybercrime
- Working examples and case studies
- Tangible skills that can be employed
How are Government Agencies embracing technology in investigations
- David McGill – Director of Digital Investigations & Analytics – Corporate Enforcement Authority
- Mark Forde – Head of Function, Data & Analytics – Central Bank of Ireland
Hear from two of leading Enforcement bodies in the country about how technology is shaping and directing investigations. Gain an insight into tools used, approaches taken and how it is driving accuracy and efficiency.
The importance of Networking post Covid
Kingsley Aikins – CEO, The Networking Institute
- Why Networking is so important now
- Networking post-Covid
- Networking and your personal brand
- The 4 step process for developing a strong and diverse network
- Funnels of serendipity
- Networking and career progress
- The concept of Me Inc
- The importance of Soft Skills
- Monthly metrics for measuring Networking impact.
Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain: Implications for legal and eDiscovery
• Susana Esteban – Managing Director Blockchain & Digital Assets, Technology, FTI Consulting
With the boom of cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and blockchain, legal professionals need to understand how these emerging tech work, enterprise adoption trends and how these emerging technologies will impact data discovery and the wider legal industry.
- Understanding cryptocurrency, blockchain and web3
- Enterprise trends and adoption for blockchain and digital assets
- Digital asset due diligence considerations
- Crypto disputes and investigations
Managing Data from Multiple Sources
- Paula Fearon, Head of Projects Services, McCann Fitzgerald
- Conor Gavin – Senior Director, FTI
- Eugene O’Neill – Managing Director, Reveal Brainspace
The means by which we communicate for business has changed utterly over the last decade. The impact of Covid and enforced working from home have accelerated these changes. It is now the norm to have meetings held virtually, use instant messaging to communicate with clients and colleagues and rely on cloud hosting platforms for data storage and sharing. Great news for business efficiency but is it bad news for those charged with collecting data for litigation, investigations and compliance?
In this panel we will discuss how to get a handle on your data by:
- Creating robust data maps;
- Conducting custodian interviews;
- Collecting data from all relevant sources
Using the right tools to process, review and produce different data types.
Embracing AI in Legal
- George Socha – Reveal Brainspace
- Jonathan Flood – Haystack ID
- Brenton Steenkamp – EY Advisory (Netherlands)
- Sinead Garnett – Johnson Hana International
Panel discussion followed by the closing remarks and a drinks’ reception.
PLUS SAVE 20% on registration with discount code: COURSES20
Hosted by ACEDS | 29 Nov 2022
Interested in more eDiscovery? Check our list of upcoming events here.