In case you missed the announcement yesterday, the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) has now announced what their plans are for this year’s annual ILTACON 2020 meeting. Here are the details. In addition to that, here is another conference that takes place tomorrow and is free to attend!
As announced in yesterday’s press release, the (normally) in-person ILTACON 2020 meeting will become a fully-virtual conference: ILTA>ON.
Taking place this year from Monday August 24th through Friday, August 28th, ILTA>ON will offer a five-day, comprehensive program, teamed with industry-leading educational content, and face-to-face virtual networking. Industry experts and the legal community collaborate to discover and evolve successful legal operation strategies for today’s transforming legal industry. Here’s what else we know so far:
- They will offer sessions across all time zones — both live and on-demand.
- They’ve also divided their educational tracks by day, so you have the option of attending just those days that are of interest to you, which is a great idea, in my opinion.
- They’ll have “fun virtual social opportunities like wine tastings, walking tours, cooking classes, games, and more!”
- Member day passes are just $99 each day with full-week passes for only $350 for members. If you’re not a member, the cost is $199 and $599, respectively. You can get tickets here.
The schedule doesn’t identify specific sessions yet, but does discuss the topics to be covered each day, as follows:
- August 24: Sessions will focus on leadership and professional development, with a live keynote address, ask the expert sessions, and business partner meetings. This day is FREE.
- August 25: Sessions will focus on training/tech support, data science, knowledge management, and legal service delivery (law firm/client relationship) as well as ask the expert sessions and business partner meetings.
- August 26: Sessions will focus on litigation support, IT operations, Office 365, and marketing, as well as ask the expert sessions and business partner meetings.
- August 27: Sessions will focus on technology adoption, artificial intelligence, applications, and finance/information governance, as well as ask the expert sessions and business partner meetings.
- August 28: Sessions will focus on C-Suite/future-focused, business and legal process improvement, and the transformative project of the year award nominee presentations, as well as ask the expert sessions and business partner meetings.
No surprise to me that ILTA was going to have to change to a virtual event this year – it will be interesting to see how well it comes together. Given the people involved and the organized approach they take to planning the conference every year, I’m sure it will be high quality topics and speakers as always, just in a different format.
Virtual One Conference
Here’s the FREE conference happening tomorrow that I teased in the headline. Virtual One Conference is an eDiscovery and Litigation online conference happening tomorrow hosted by Page One Legal. Sessions start at 9am CT and the last session is at 1:20pm CT, so you can attend and still get some of your work done before or after the program.
Speakers include: Kelly Twigger, Founder, eDiscovery Assistant & Principal ESI Attorneys; Mary-Michael Horowitz, Founding Partner & CEO, Asylas; Amanda Evanson, Senior Corporate Counsel eDiscovery, Delta Air Lines; Cristin Traylor, Discovery Counsel, McGuire Woods; Lenor Marquis Segal, Senior Counsel of Global Litigation, ABB Power Grids; Alicia M. Hawley, Discovery Counsel & Chair of Taft Discovery, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP; Stephen Embry, Principal, TechLaw Crossroads and Meggan Sullivan, Federal Criminal Defense Attorney.
Here’s the agenda. Some interesting topics and great speakers! According to Andrew Kent, Chief Operating Officer at Page One Legal, they’ll be providing a link to the sessions after the event to registrants so that anybody that couldn’t make a session (or any sessions) can view them on their own time.
You can register for the event here. As I said, the event is free. Page One is taking donations for Direct Relief, a non-profit that works in the United States and internationally to equip doctors and nurses with lifesaving medical resources. The organization is delivering protective masks, exam gloves and isolation gowns to health-care organizations in areas with confirmed COVID-19 cases. So, you can get some terrific education and contribute to a great cause!
So, what do you think? Are you attending either virtual conference? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.
Thank you so much for sharing info on our Virtual One Conference, Doug. Hope you enjoy the sessions.