In United States antitrust law, a Second Request is a discovery procedure by which the Federal Trade Commission and the Antitrust Division of the Justice Department investigate mergers and acquisitions which may have anticompetitive consequences, according to the Hart–Scott–Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HST Act). Here’s a webcast that will give you the latest information to better manage Second Request responses!
On Wednesday, October 14th, HaystackID will conduct the webcast The Dynamics of Antitrust Agency Investigations: A Second Request Update at noon ET (11am CT, 9am PT). In this presentation, expert investigation, eDiscovery, and M&A panelists will present updates and considerations for managing Second Request responses to include tactics, techniques, and lessons learned from fourteen recent responses.
Among the topics that will be covered are:
- Defining Second Requests: The Requirement and Task
- Context for Consideration: The Prevalence of Requests Over Time
- A Different Type of Discovery: Characteristics of a Second Request
- Recent DOJ and FTC Updates: From the Practical to the Tactical
- Managing Second Requests: A Provider’s Perspective
- Michael Sarlo, EnCE, CBE, CCLO, RCA, CCPA – Michael is a Partner and Senior EVP of eDiscovery and Digital Forensics for HaystackID.
- Mike Quartararo – Mike currently serves as the President of ACEDS, which provides training and certification in eDiscovery and related disciplines to law firms, corporate legal, and the broader the legal community.
- John Wilson, ACE, AME, CBE – As CISO and President of Forensics at HaystackID, John is a certified forensic examiner, licensed private investigator, and IT veteran with more than two decades of experience.
- Anya Korolyov – As Director of Project Management with HaystackID, Anya has 12 years of experience in eDiscovery with extensive expertise with Second Requests as an attorney and consultant.
- Seth Curt Schechtman – As Senior Managing Director of Review Services for HaystackID, Seth has extensive review experience, including class actions, MDLs, and Second Requests.
- Young Yu – As Director of Client Service with HaystackID, Young is the primary strategic and operational advisor to clients in matters relating to eDiscovery.
HSR Act-driven Second Request responses require an uncommon balance of understanding, expertise, and experience to successfully deliver certified compliant responses. Recent FTC and DOJ updates, coupled with the increasing velocity of requests, make current expertise more crucial than ever in this unique discovery area, so this is a unique opportunity to understand the latest information in managing Second Requests. Click here to register.
By the way, M&A activity is as strong as ever! If you want to get an update on HSR Act filings, check out Rob Robinson’s story about it on his excellent Complex Discovery site here.
So, what do you think? Have you dealt with merger and acquisition Second Requests before? If not, consider attending the webinar! If so, consider attending it anyway to get the latest trends! And, please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.