Data collection is not a departmental island — in fact, it’s crucial that key departments, including IT, legal, and compliance, work together to get the job done right. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done, and teams can often find themselves disjointed and unorganized when it comes to eDiscovery. As the need to easily find the right data across multiple SaaS applications continues to grow, bringing on the right eDiscovery tool can get to the heart of the issue. Here’s a webinar that will show you how the right eDiscovery plan can benefit Legal, IT and Compliance!
On Tuesday, November 24th, Onna will conduct the webinar How the Right eDiscovery Plan Can Benefit Legal, IT & Compliance at 2pm ET (1pm CT, 11am PT). Join Onna and HackerOne as they discuss how eDiscovery tools can not only enable faster collections but also empower organizations to redefine their cross-collaboration processes.
Among the topics that will be covered are:
- Must-have features for eDiscovery tools that can positively influence your people, processes, and technology
- Prioritizing employee privacy during investigations
- Getting the full context behind search results during investigations
- How to keep up with non-traditional data types
- Aaron Zander: Head of IT, HackerOne — An Information Technology professional with more than 10 years of diverse experience. A strong background in project management, customer service, and problem-solving. Working to create business efficient processes that increase ROI and create better experiences for end-users and teams. Internal Customers come first. HackerOne uses innovative IT and Security solutions to help warehouse some of its customers’ most sensitive information, achieving SOC and ISO compliance as well as FedRAMP authorization.
- Eddie Salce: Customer Success Manager at Onna, a Knowledge Integration Platform on a mission to make enterprise information accessible, useful, and private. Onna currently integrates with over 30 of today’s most popular applications and helps companies with Compliance, Information Governance, eDiscovery, and more. As a Customer Success Manager, Eddie manages a portfolio of customers across various industries helping them develop their Information Governance and eDiscovery strategies. With a strong technical background, Eddie’s expertise is working with customers to develop technical approaches to technical problems while developing implementation plans to meet unique use cases.
Certainly, during the pandemic, data has become more distributed throughout organizations and SaaS applications are more in use than ever, so this is a timely topic! Click here to register.
So, what do you think? Has your organization struggled to get Legal, IT and Compliance “on the same page” with regard to discovery? If so, consider attending the webinar! And, please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.