As I noted on Friday, it’s a busy week this week with regard to Legalweek(year) (which starts tomorrow) and EDRM’s Expocom, which starts today! Here is what’s on tap for Expocom activities today and tomorrow!
How to Participate in EDRM’s Expo
To gain access to any of the events on the EDRM campus, you need to register here for the EDRM Expo – all are welcome and it’s FREE! Once you receive the confirmation email, you will need to download their shared world, the EDRM campus. There will be a link to download the campus and create your account at the bottom of the confirmation email you will receive (if you’ve already registered, you’ll need to find that email to download the campus if you haven’t already).
Because the EDRM campus is a shared experience, with sound and graphics, you will need to use a computer with enough power. Here’s the spec sheet regarding the hardware and software requirements needed. If you use a corporate secured computer, you may need to engage your IT to open ports for you during the conference. You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you should need the firewall information. Also, you may want to consider a headset for better sound. Make sure you turn on your microphone when you get into the world, and again after you leave a performance space (as opposed to a networking space).
Schedule for Today, Monday 2/1
EDRM has a full schedule today for Expocom! Here is a list of scheduled events for today:
- 9am ET: EDRM Project Community Kickoff in Main Auditorium
- 10–11 am ET: EDRM GDPR Project meeting
- 11 am–noon ET: EDRM Project Trustees Virtual Campus Meeting (project trustees only): Conference Room 1
- 12–1 pm ET: Analytics Project meeting (includes Socha): Conference Room 1
- 1-2 pm ET: Privilege Log Project meeting: Large Board Room
- 2–3 pm ET: AI Project meeting: Large Board Room
- 3–4 pm ET: EDRM Virtual Campus Advisory Council Meeting (advisory council members only): Conference Room 1
- 5–7 pm ET: Tech/Legal Jumpstart Dance Party and Networking on the Beach (Sponsored by HaystackID).
Schedule for Tomorrow, Tuesday 2/2
With Legalweek starting tomorrow, Expocom has a more limited schedule with a couple of meetings and one notable event in the afternoon(!):
- 9–10 am ET: IGRM Project meeting: Large Board Room
- 12–1 pm ET: Mediation Project meeting: Large Board Room
- 4–6 pm ET: Fifth Annual Drinks with Doug and Mary in the Expo Hall
Drinks with Doug and Mary even has it’s own graphic! Not even the pandemic can stop what has become an annual tradition!
Throughout the EDRM Campus, there are many areas for private conversations: think Hilton lobby or Warwick restaurant, or the bench by the smokers. There are areas for a quiet conversation for two, couches for a boisterous spontaneous gathering and boardroom tables for a full team. It’s the perfect environment for networking and also for having a confidential discussion with business partners!
So, what do you think? Are you attending the EDRM Expo or Legalweek this week? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the authors and speakers themselves, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.