We’re just two weeks away from the start of the eDiscovery Summer Refresher Virtual Conference, hosted by the San Diego Paralegal Association (SDPA) and the ACEDS Orange County Chapter. And I’m honored to be one of the speakers!
The Summer Refresher Virtual Conference will consist of six sessions to be conducted over five different days – at times that shouldn’t interfere with work hours! The six sessions are:
- Session One: Applying Technology to Address Discovery Challenges Today and Tomorrow: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 | 5-6 PM PDT, presented by Doug Austin from eDiscovery Today. Introduction by Marla Mohr, President of ACEDS Orange County and Legal Technology Consultant.
- Session Two: High Precision Models: Friday, August 6, 2021 | 12 – 1 PM PDT, please join the Virtual Lunch with Leaders with George Socha, Senior Vice President of Brand Awareness at Reveal – Brainspace presenting. Introduction by Sheila Grela, Membership Director of San Diego Paralegal Association and Paralegal at Procopio.
- Session Three: The Modern Mess of Mobile Discovery: Saturday, August 7, 2021 | 9 – 10 AM PDT, Presented by Trent Livingston, CEO of ESI Analysis; Introduction by Marla Mohr, President of ACEDS Orange County and Legal Technology Consultant.
- Session Four: Body Cam: Saturday, August 7, 2021 | 10:30 – 11:30 AM PDT, Presented by Sean C. Tyler, ACP, Paralegal, Prosecution Technology Unit, Strategic Justice Systems, Criminal & Special Litigation Branch, Office of the Los Angeles City Attorney. Introduction by Grady Glover, Vice President of ACEDS Orange County and eDiscovery Manager at Sanders Roberts, LLP.
- Session Five: Hot Topics in eDiscovery: 2021 Case Law Update: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 | 5 – 6 PM PDT, Presented by Phil Favro, Consultant at Driven, Inc. Introduction by June Hunter, San Diego Paralegal Association.
- Session Six: California Roundtable – A Discussion of the 2020 changes to handling eDiscovery under California law: Saturday, August 14, 2021 | 9 – 10 AM PDT, Gareth Evans, Partner at Redgrave, LLP, Joy Murao, Founder and CEO of Practice Aligned Resources and President of ACEDS Los Angeles, and Grady Glover, Vice President of ACEDS Orange County and eDiscovery Manager at Sanders Roberts, LLP.
I’m honored to be presenting at the kick-off session and excited to discuss today’s eDiscovery challenges and how technology is addressing those challenges! During happy hour, no less!
Attendees at each session are eligible for One Hour of CA MCLE – Courtesy of San Diego Paralegal Association. So, it’s a great opportunity to pick up needed CLE credits, learning about six interesting topics! You can register for the eDiscovery Summer Refresher Virtual Conference here!
So, what do you think? Are you attending the eDiscovery Summer Refresher Virtual Conference? If not, why not? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.