It’s webinar and webcast day! Every large corporation and organization today face the significant threat of cybersecurity incidents. However, most practitioners who handle litigation and investigation matters are unfamiliar with the basics of responding to cybersecurity incidents and the challenges associated with incident response and post-data breach requirements. So, here’s webcast coming this Wednesday from HaystackID that will demonstrate cybersecurity essentials that every lawyer should know!
This Wednesday, September 15th, HaystackID will host the webcast Breaches, Responses, and Challenges: Cybersecurity Essentials That Every Lawyer Should Know at noon ET (11am CT, 9am PT). In this panelist discussion and presentation, cybersecurity incident response, legal discovery, and privacy experts will share considerations for handling a cybersecurity incident.
Areas highlighted that will impact incident response and post data breach discovery and review practices and processes in the coming years will include:
- The Role of the Cyber Insurance Company and Trends in the Cyber Insurance Industry
- The Roles of Internal Legal, Compliance, IT, and Business Personnel
- The Roles of Outside Counsel and Incident Response Firms
- The Workflows of Incident Response Between and Within the Participating Companies and Groups
- Federal, State, and International Legal Requirements and Strategies for Meeting the Expectations of Different Regulators
- The Protection of Privilege in Light of Recent Case Law
- The Proactive Steps that Companies Should be Taking to be Prepared to Respond to Cybersecurity Incidents
Presenting Experts include:
- Ashish Prasad: As the Vice President and General Counsel for HaystackID, Ashish is regarded as among the leading experts on discovery in the US.
- Michael Sarlo: Michael is the Chief Innovation Officer and President of Global Investigation and Cyber Discovery Services for HaystackID, recently recognized as a leading industry innovator by ALM and Legalweek for work in antitrust investigations and cyber discovery services.
- Jenny Hamilton: As the Deputy General Counsel for Global Discovery and Privacy at HaystackID, Jenny is the former head of John Deere’s Global Evidence Team.
- Matthew Miller: Matt is SVP of Information Governance and Data Privacy for HaystackID. With a background in legal, then eDiscovery, Matt formerly co-developed Ernst & Young’s IG services practice, and was the Global IG Advisory Services leader at Consilio LLC.
Isn’t it time you learned cybersecurity essentials that you need to know? Register for the webcast here. And if you can’t make it live, register anyway to view it on demand afterwards!
So, what do you think? Do you know what proactive steps to take to prepare for cybersecurity incidents? If not, consider attending the webcast! And please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclosure: HaystackID is an Educational Partner and sponsor of eDiscovery Today
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.