As borders blur and businesses expand, many companies face accelerating challenges in data protection and privacy and cross-border transfers. Here’s a webcast from HaystackID which will discuss how to address your data protection and privacy and cross-border transfer challenges!
Tomorrow, HaystackID will host the webcast You’ve Got to Move It: Data Protection and Privacy with Cross-Border Transfers at noon ET (11am CT, 9am PT). In this informational presentation, experts in areas ranging from data protection and privacy to data transfer and legal discovery will discuss and explain the best approaches, protocols, and practices for successfully guiding an organization’s data in a world of shields and Schrems.
- Contours of the Privacy Landscape: A Brief History of Privacy
- From Hypotheticals to Reality: Considering Data Protection
- Roles, Responsibilities, and Risk: Data Protection and Privacy Requirements and Compliance
- Documentation Matters: Transfer Mechanisms, Policies, Addenda, and Assessments
- Through the Lens of Discovery: Considerations for Legal Discovery Practitioners
- Tying it All Together: From Shield to Schrems to Cross-Border Transfer Confidence
Presenting Experts include:
- Christopher Wall, Data Protection Officer and Special Counsel, Global Privacy and Forensics, HaystackID
- John J. Rosenthal, Chair, eDiscovery and Information Governance Practice, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Debbie Reynolds, Founder, CEO, and Chief Data Privacy Officer, Debbie Reynolds Consulting, LLC
- David Wallack, Lead Privacy and Security Counsel, Motive
Dealing with each of these areas on its own can be daunting and addressing each of these areas together can be downright discouraging. However, with a solid understanding of requirements, roles, and responsibilities, information governance and legal discovery professionals can successfully navigate the difficulties of cross-border transfers and translate compliance challenges into business opportunities. Click here to register and learn how to address all these challenges! Move it!
So, what do you think? Do you understand data protection, privacy and cross-border transfers? If not, now’s your chance to learn! Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclosure: HaystackID is an Educational Partner and sponsor of eDiscovery Today
Image Copyright © Dreamworks Animation
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.