We’re now less than three weeks away from this year’s ILTACON, which starts Sunday, August 20th! Here’s the ILTACON 2023 Word Cloud to give you a sense of the primary topics being discussed!
ILTACON 2023 will be conducted August 20 through 24 at the WDW Swan & Dolphin Hotels and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts in Orlando, FL. It is a fully in-person event this year.
Three of the next four years, ILTACON will be in Nashville at the Gaylord Opryland, with the conference in 2025 coming back to the Gaylord National in National Harbor, MD, which is outside of Washington DC..
As I like to do for conferences like this, I took this year’s detailed agenda and ran the session titles and descriptions through a word cloud generator. I then reviewed the first cut of it and removed some obvious words from the list: legal, session, learn, learning, law, firm, firms, panel and join. I probably could have removed some other obvious words as well (e.g., technology) but didn’t want to go too far with it. The ILTACON 2023 Word Cloud shown above is the result I got.
Here are some notable terms that occur frequently:
- “data” is the top occurring word at 49 times, followed by “management” (33 times), “business” and “teams” (28 times each), “new” (27 times) and “technology” (25 times, but “technologies” appears another 14 times).
- “AI” also occurs 25 times. If you add in “artificial intelligence” (2 times), “GenAI” (3 times) and “ChatGPT” (1 time), AI-related terms would occur fourth most often.
- “eDiscovery” occurs just 8 times (last year, “eDiscovery” and “discovery” occurred 25 times).
- “security” occurs 13 times and “cyber” (either by itself or as part of another word like “cybersecurity”) occurs 14 times (one of which is “cybersecurity”), so that’s 26 times that either word occurs together or separately.
- “litigation” only occurs 7 times (compared with 13 last year), while “support” occurs 19 times, so more than half of its occurrences have nothing to do with “litigation support”.
- “governance” occurs 6 times (compared with 9 last year).
- “privacy” occurs 7 times (compared with just 2 last year). However, 6 of those occurrences appear in a single session description.
Hopefully, the ILTACON 2023 Word Cloud gives you some sense of what’s being covered at this year’s ILTACON – several sessions related to AI, fewer sessions related to eDiscovery, litigation and governance, about the same number related to data privacy.
I’ll be covering the conference as press again this year and I’m excited to be a panelist in the Litigation Support Roundtable session on Thursday, August 24th at 1:30pm. I’ll be presenting along with Phil Weldon, Director of eDiscovery & Litigation Support Technology and David Horrigan, Discovery Counsel and Legal Education Director at Relativity (who will be moderating) and our session will also include a recorded special video appearance by Hon. Tanya R. Kennedy!
I’ll highlight that session and a few other notable sessions in a preview later as we get closer to the conference. Stay tuned!
So, what do you think? Are you planning to attend ILTACON 2023? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.