I’m looking forward to next week’s ARMA InfoCon 2023 for 2 reasons: it’s a great conference and I’m part of the generative AI keynote!
ARMA InfoCon is the premiere educational event for records management, information management, and information governance professionals to learn and share industry best practices. If you are responsible for managing or governing your company’s information assets, this is the “must attend” event every year for you!
ARMA InfoCon 2023 will be held next week – October 9-11 – at Huntington Place in Detroit, Michigan with three full days of educational sessions, not just on information governance, but data privacy, cybersecurity, and even eDiscovery!
And, of course, there are going to be sessions about AI!
I’m excited to be part of the keynote panel on Tuesday, October 10th at 9am: Generative AI and Information Governance: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!
I’ll be part of the panel, along with Stephen Goldstein, Global Director of Practice Support, Squire Patton Boggs and Lenora Gray, Data Scientist, Redgrave Data. Mike Quartararo, President of ACEDS and Professional Development, will be moderating.
We’ll discuss the usage of Generative AI in our industry today and address some of the concerns around Generative AI, while helping to chart a course towards responsible adoption. Some of the questions we will address include:
- What does it mean when you plug information into searches in Generative AI applications: who sees the information you provide, how reliable is that data, and who is responsible for the accuracy of its results?
- Who owns the information generated by these applications, and what happens to that information after it is generated?
- What happens when future output of AI becomes indistinguishable from “reality”? How do we mitigate bias within AI output?
- What are the responsibilities of IG programs for governing AI generated content? What ethical obligations do we have as IG and legal professionals?
- How can Generative AI be used to address existing challenges within IG programs? What benefits can Generative AI provide to organizational IG?
At least that’s what ChatGPT says, the session description was partially generated by ChatGPT!
Here’s the full agenda of sessions at ARMA InfoCon 2023. And it’s not too late to register – here is a list of the registration fees, with a link to register. Hope to see you in the Motor City next week!
So, what do you think? Are you attending next week’s ARMA InfoCon 2023? If so, join our keynote! Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.