It’s event day on eDiscovery Today! In Houston, the Summit was the basketball arena where the Houston Rockets won back-to-back championships in the ‘90s (they are certainly extremely far from a championship this year(!) and that arena is now a megachurch). But this two-day Everlaw Summit event later this month has over 20 top legal industry experts in various sessions related to litigation and investigations trends and best practices!
Everlaw Summit: Illuminate 2021 will be held on April 27th and 28th and is free to attend. The event kicks off with a Keynote including the Attorney General for the State of Minnesota, Keith Ellison and Everlaw CEO AJ Shankar discussing how the rule of law is critical in the path of justice, how it is being challenged in the modern day, and how Keith Ellison sees his role as Attorney General in upholding the rights of citizens.
The event includes several other notable speakers, including:
- Shana Simmons, General Counsel, Everlaw
- Luke Liss, Senior Counsel, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Kaylee Walstad, Chief Strategy Officer, EDRM
- Hon. Andrew J. Peck (ret.), Senior Counsel, DLA Piper
- Chioma Deere, ESI and eDiscovery Counsel, Williams, Leininger, & Cosby, P.A.
- Craig Ball, Adjunct Professor, University of Texas School of Law and at Tulane Law School
- Mary Mack, CEO and Chief Legal Technologist, EDRM
- Mike Quartararo, President, ACEDS
- Greg McCullough, Lead Consultant, Fire Litigation Consulting
- Ari Kaplan, Attorney and Legal Industry Analyst, Ari Kaplan Advisors
And many more! I’m excited to be participating as well – in the session Ediscovery Influencers: Digital Transformation for Sustainable Growth at 11am PT on April 27 with Mary Mack and Chad Williams, VP of Customer Success with Everlaw to discuss (among other things):
- The biggest technology trends in the practice of law and the challenges they solve.
- How these trends have shaped the legal ecosystem, created new functions, and impacted the way legal services are delivered.
- The value of sustainable transformation strategies in the near and long term for firms and corporate legal departments.
- What innovations will shape the industry over the next ten years.
Mary has an uncanny knack for making accurate predictions, so I’ll have to do my best to keep up!
Including keynotes each day and a Morning Coffee networking event each morning, there are half a dozen sessions to register for each day and the event is set up to provide the flexibility for you to register for each session separately, so it’s important to register for each one you plan to attend. There are a lot of great topics and speakers, so you’ll want to attend as many as you can!
Here’s the link to the main page for the two-day Everlaw Summit event, from which you can navigate to each day’s sessions and register for the ones you want to attend.
So, what do you think? Are you attending the two-day Everlaw Summit event? If so, hope to see you there! And please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.