Hard to believe it’s been over 18 months since the global COVID-19 pandemic began and there’s no end in sight. As a result, remote work is here to stay and so are the collaboration and messaging tools that make remote work actually work. Collaboration applications are changing the way organizations create, share and retain vital business data, which (of course) impacts eDiscovery and compliance within organizations. With that in mind, Hanzo and the Association of Certified eDiscovery Professionals (ACEDS) have launched the Hanzo + ACEDS Collaboration Data Survey for the second year in a row!
The 18-question collaboration data survey comprised mostly of multiple-choice questions only takes a couple of minutes to complete. It covers topics including:
- Your current primary messaging collaboration platform
- How integral collaboration platforms are to your organization today and in 12 months
- Retention policies for messaging collaboration content
- Preservation of collaboration content
- Inclusion of messaging collaboration content within the scope of discovery today and in 12 months
- Response to requests for production and internal investigations
- Conﬁdence in your existing processes to eﬃciently collect and produce collaboration content
- Plans to invest in a solution to defensibly preserve and/or collect collaboration data; and
- Your biggest worry regarding your organization’s/client’s use of collaboration platforms
In part through this collaboration data survey and publication and discussion of its results, Hanzo and ACEDS hope to establish the industry benchmarks of collaboration data as a source for discovery and identify litigation readiness now and in the future. It’s certainly a topic everyone’s talking about in eDiscovery and I’ve already published as many as 71 blog posts for which collaboration apps are either the primary topic or are at least mentioned as a part of the eDiscovery landscape today (including recent posts here, here, here and here). Here’s the link to the survey. Please consider taking the time to complete it – it only takes a couple of minutes!
So, what do you think? How integral are collaboration platforms are to your organization today? Don’t tell me, complete the survey! And, please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclosure: Hanzo is an Educational Partner and sponsor of eDiscovery Today
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.