We’re now less than a week away from ILTACON 2022, which starts Sunday! Here’s the ILTACON 2022 Word Cloud to give you a sense of the primary topics being discussed!
ILTACON 2022 will be conducted August 21 through 25 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, MD, which is outside of Washington DC. It is a fully in-person event this year.
As I like to do for conferences like this, I took this year’s detailed agenda and ran the session titles and descriptions through a word cloud generator. I then reviewed the first cut of it and removed some obvious words from the list: session, technology, data, law, legal, firm and firms. I probably could have removed some other obvious words as well (e.g., join, learn) but didn’t want to go too far with it. The ILTACON 2022 Word Cloud shown above is the result I got.
Here are some notable terms that occur frequently:
- “eDiscovery” occurs 22 times. Add in just “discovery” and you get 3 more hits for a total of 25.
- Similarly, “AI” occurs 20 times, with “artificial intelligence” occurring 3 more times for a total of 23.
- “security” occurs 16 times.
- “litigation” occurs 13 times. Interestingly, “support” occurs a whopping 27 times, so more than half of its occurrences have nothing to do with “litigation support”.
- “governance” occurs 9 times.
- “management” occurs 22 times, “business” (29 times) and “change” (28 times) are the two most frequently occurring terms in the list.
- “Microsoft” occurs 16 times. “Teams” (with a capital “T”) occurs 17 times. So, Teams is actually referenced more often than its creator!
- “privacy” occurs only 2 times – not enough to even appear on the ILTACON 2022 Word Cloud! Zero hits for terms like “PII”, “GDPR”, “CCPA”, etc. That’s a big surprise, considering how important data privacy has become in legal technology.
Hopefully, the ILTACON 2022 Word Cloud gives you some sense of what’s being covered at this year’s ILTACON – several sessions related to eDiscovery and AI, fewer sessions related to litigation and governance, almost no sessions related to data privacy. I’ll highlight a few of the notable sessions in a preview later this week. Stay tuned!
So, what do you think? Are you planning to attend ILTACON 2022? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
P.S.: Happy Anniversary to my beautiful and wonderful wife, Paige! I love you honey!
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by my employer, my partners or my clients. eDiscovery Today is made available solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Today should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.